UN Global Goals and Save Kids Lives:
- Road traffic accidents claim more than 1.2 million lives each year.
- UN Global Goal 3.6: “By 2020, halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents
- Of the lives lost in road traffic accidents, 186,300 are children.
Save Kids Lives in China is a cooperation between MingJian, Global NCAP, and Rotary to promote child road safety
Project will provide:
- Train the trainer in child restraints for 100 heath care professionals at maternity hospitals in three project cities (Shanghai, Chongqing, and Dalian)
- Training for new mothers in child restraints
- Importance of child restraints to protect child passengers
- How to select safe models appropriate for child’s weight and height
- Training for proper child restraint installation and fitting
- Child safety books and subsidized/free child restraints for training participants
- Collaboration between Rotary Clubs and maternity hospitals in each project city, with training, expertise, and support provided by cooperating organization, MingJian.
A global project to which many FreshStart Rotarians have committed their time by organizing three yearly retreats aimed at giving young people the opportunity to grow and thrive.
See http://www.rylachina.org/ for more information
Previously dubbed “the fish board”, the timebank system was developed as a novel way of generating opportunities for volunteering AND give social enterprises the opportunity to promote activities.
With over one hundred volunteers, Timebank has now become a lively resource as a WeChat group with weekly activities. Scan the below QR code to add Enrico and get access to the amazing community that is timebank: